|Title:||Database Management Specialist (Senior)|
Netorian is seeking a Database Management Specialist.
Description of Work:
The Agency is seeking one (1) database administrator to work with IT Division and Licensing Division to convert an existing Lotus Domino database to Microsoft SQL, perform data cleanup and standardization of the resulting data in SQL, and develop a front-end to the data from which the agency personnel may access, edit, and create records.
The successful candidate:
- Must be able to define and implement optimal data file structures, indexing methods, database log schedules, and security procedures.
- Must be able to perform data conversion (ETL) between Lotus Domino and Microsoft SQL.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with the project manager and with users on the design of the interface to the new data store.
Deliverables will include (but not be limited to):
- Database design documents.
- Interface specifications.
- Updates to requirements traceability.
- Development/updating of database schema and support documentation.
- Participation and documentation of code reviews and demonstrations.
- Implementation of backup schedule that optimizes recovery time.
- Development/updating of database disaster recovery procedures; regular testing of DR procedures.
- Implementation of SQL TDE.
- Documentation for same implementation of regular database indexing and SOP for same.
A skills test may be part of the interview process.
- Must have minimum of ten (10) years of dedicated, full time experience in database systems installation, analysis, configuration, data replication technologies, and database security.
- Must have five (5) years of experience in software development, to include business process analysis, requirements gathering, development, user acceptance testing and bug fix cycles, and deployment to production.
- Team Foundation experience a plus.
- At least five (5) years of experience using current (SQL 2008 or newer) Microsoft SQL technologies to install, configure, optimize and support multiple databases, including a warm/hot database failover environment located at a remote data center.
- At least five (5) years of experience using a configuration management tool such as Source Forge or Team Foundation Server.
- Must have two (2) years of hands-on experience with Lotus Domino 6.x databases and data structure.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related technical discipline or fifteen (15) years of dedicated experience in DBMS design and support.
- - - - - - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation.
Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.