Netorian is seeking a Database Manager.
Description of Work:
State of Maryland agency is currently transitioning from Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 as the agency enterprise database platform.
For more than forty years, the State of Maryland has collected data through a regular system of collections known as Maryland Annual Collections 2 (MAC2). After the recent expansion of data formats, the agency pursued migration from its legacy system to a more flexible infrastructure and sought an Oracle solution to satisfy the need. However, the expense and complexities of Oracle over time, gave cause to secure Microsoft SQL Server 2012 as an alternative and comparable platform solution.
During this same time period, the State of Maryland Department of Information Technology (DoIT) began an Enterprise Model initiative of which the agency was one of the first participants. The agency now receives external technical support from the enterprise as opposed to using previous internal resources. Data has been migrated from Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and mapped accordingly. However, the agency requires review of the process with the agency Database Administrator to confirm that best practices have been followed.
In this role, the Database Manager…
- Must be capable of providing highly technical expertise and support in the use of DBMS.
- Must be able to evaluate and recommend available database management system (DBMS) products to support validated user requirements.
- Defines file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications.
- Develops, implements, and maintains database back-up and recovery procedures for the processing environments, and ensures that data integrity, security, and recoverability are built into the DBMS applications.
- Must have six (6) years of experience in DBMS systems analysis and programming.
- At least three (3) years of experience in using current DBMS technologies, application design utilizing various database management systems and experience with DBMS internals.
- Experience working as a Database Management Specialist in an Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 development project.
- Active Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in SQL Server 2012.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field.