|Location:||Annapolis and Baltimore, MD|
Description of Work:
The Project Manager is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the delivery of the required services through efficient and effective management of TO Contractor Personnel and project work performed in collaboration with the State Project Staff and the Project Management Team.
- Serving as the primary point of contact regarding day-to-day oversight of the project operations to shall ensure that the State has a single point of contact for all TO issues.
- Overseeing and directing all TO Contractor Personnel and subcontractors provided under this TORFP.
- Supporting the Project Management Team in overall project governance, communications with executives, planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring, control, quality assurance, and implementing course corrections as needed.
- Assisting with the determination requirements for team member requirements, role definition, recruitment, and onboarding efforts.
- Performing the day-to-day management of the project.
- Identifying issues and risks, and recommends possible issue resolution or risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensuring that work performed is within scope, consistent with requirements, and delivered on time and within budget.
- Providing individual and project level status reports.
- Assisting with budgeting and other financial tasks related to the project.
- Assisting with administrative functions for the project (e.g. contract management tasks that include time and status reporting).
- Providing guidance and direction to project stakeholders on the Scaled Agile Framework Agile methodology.
- At least five (5) years of experience in project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Professional knowledge of federal and/or state tax administration.
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- At least three (3) years of experience as the project manager for one or more IT projects with a cost of $10M or greater.
- At least five (3) years of demonstrated experience in the following areas in at least one (1) project: creating and updating documentation that satisfies the proposed SDLC methodology, managing the collection and documenting of functional and technical requirements, contract management.
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the following areas in at least one (1) project: creating and updating documentation that satisfies the proposed SDLC methodology, managing the collection and documenting of functional and technical requirements, contract management.
- At least one (1) year of experience participating in the implementation of an integrated tax system.
- At least one (1) year of demonstrated professional experience with application of Internal Revenue Service Publication 1075 tax information security guidelines.
- At least one (1) year of demonstrated experience using State of Maryland’s Department of Information Technology’s (DoIT) guidelines, methodologies, and templates.
- Demonstrated experience engaging agile solution teams at the program and portfolio levels.
- Demonstrated experience in managing one (1) or more projects using an agile methodology.
- Leadership experience participating in the evaluation and award of two (2) or more procurement proposals within the last eight (8) years with at least one of a size greater than $10M.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline.
- Master’s degree or project management certification is preferred.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or a related discipline.
- PMP from PMI
- CPA, M.B.A., J.D., ITIL, PMI-ACP, SAFe™ Agilist certification, and/or other relevant agile certification.