Netorian is seeking a Training Coordinator.
Description of Work:
Netorian seeks to recruit and bring onboard a Training Coordinator who will be responsible for the planning, preparation, training, and execution of the training program for the 2018 Primary and General elections. This individual will be responsible for working with SBE and the local boards of election and the coordination of training (business and technical) for the election stakeholders. This individual must be self-starter and able to effectively work in a high demand type of environment. This will require travel throughout Maryland at some times during the year. The position does pay overtime and reimburse for travel expenses beyond 50 miles of the SBE office in Annapolis.
- Work with the SBE, the local boards of election, and the project team concerning the election related training needs.
- Develop election procedures training curriculum for trainers, election support, and SBE and local board of elections stakeholders based on SBE requirements and standards.
- Lead the coordination for the recruitment and onboarding of trainers.
- Assist, as requested, in the preparation and implementation of the agency policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and preparation of training and educational materials.
- Manage the work of other trainers.
- Maintain trainer calendars.
- Coordinate the training of SBE and local board of elections management on the voting system;
- Conduct all appropriate training activities for pre-election and election activities.
- Provide excellent customer service and demonstrate commitment through cooperative team and individual efforts.
- Instill a high-quality work culture through participation in and emphasis on training and mentoring to develop leadership, management, and technical skills in self and other stakeholders.
- Help determine training needs for new and existing election stakeholders and contractors;
- Help identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
- Work with election subject matter experts concerning the instructional design of training material.
- Assist with the development of training aids such as manuals and handbooks.
- Inform election stakeholders about training options available.
- Help coordinate training plans for individual stakeholders as needed.
- Establish training programs using recognized training techniques and tools.
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction and virtual training.
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Track and report on training outcomes to management.
- Provide timely feedback to stakeholders, participants, and management.
- Maintain the trainer's training records.
- Assist with the logistics for training activities including venues and equipment.
- Help establish and maintain relationships with external training suppliers.
- Assist with the training budget estimates and tracking of costs.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Stay current on training design and methodology.
- At least four (4) years of experience in training.
- At least two (2) years of experience developing training in elections.
- Must be able to demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Education/Training in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline.
- - - - - - - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation.
Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.