|Title:||Applications Developer (Expert)|
Netorian is seeking an Applications Developer (Expert).
Description of Work:
The developer will assist with the development of new and support of existing systems within the Agency’s Information Technology Division. This work includes Windows Forms (WinForms) development with web services. Specific duties as follows:
- Assist with planning and determining specifications for new systems.
- Assist with mentoring the developers to improve their knowledge of the systems.
- Consult and make recommendations on system architecture, design and implementation.
- Improve existing systems within the Agency through requested enhancements to the Windows applications.
- Assist with the development of new modules within the existing framework of Windows applications.
- Maintain existing source code improvements to keep the Windows applications up to the latest technology and security standards.
- Develop new web services using the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Update and maintain existing web services with the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Assist with web enabled applications when needed.
- Continue to support the ongoing development of new windows forms-based systems when needed.
- Assist the Agency with documentation of existing and future system designs.
- Continue to update and improve end user documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have ten (10) years of programming experience in software development and maintenance.
- At least five (5) years of experience in IT systems analysis and programming WinForms applications.
- At least five (5) years of experience with WinForms.
- Must be proficient in VB.NET and C# in a WinForms development environment.
- Must have three (3) years of experience in Entity Framework.
- Must have four (4) years of experience with WCF Web Services
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of XML and XSD files.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and source control.
- At least two (2) years of experience working within a SCRUM environment
- Experience with law enforcement systems and development is preferred.
- DevExpress component experience is preferred.
- Oracle database experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or five (5) years of equivalent experience in a related field.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.