|Title:||Information Technology Architect (Senior)|
Netorian is seeking an Architect, Information Technology (Senior).
Description of Work:
The Architect, Information Technology (Senior) will collaborate with the Maryland Longitudinal Data Systems Center (MLDSC) and University System of Maryland (USM) research teams to build out a new Oracle 11g/12C data warehouse containing three replicated datasets from an existing data warehouse. The new replicated datasets will be used for federally funded research projects.
The Architect, Information Technology (Senior) will report to the MLDSC CIO and collaborate with the MLDSC IT technical team and USM Researchers. The scope will focus on elaborating existing Requirements, Design, Development, and Integration and Testing Phases in a highly interactive and iterative system development methodology. All project planning activities have already been completed and this role will focus on execution management and implementation tasks.
This project will last six (6) months with no opportunity for extension or renewal.
The Architect, Information Technology (Senior) responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provides expertise in the most current principles and practices of architecture data management systems and experience in large system designs, and with data modeling in the information management arena.
- Provides expertise in modeling and organizing information to facilitate support of projects or information architectures.
- Provides guidance on how and what to data and process model.
- Primarily deals with transition planning from legacy to modern systems by concentrating on information flows, data exchange, and data translation standardization services.
- At least ten (10) years of experience planning, designing, building, and implementing IT systems.
- At least five (5) years of the required ten (10) years of experience must be in the direct supervision and management of major projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large complex system and subsystem architectures.
- Must have led or been chief architect in major IT implementation efforts. Must demonstrate a broad understanding of client IT environmental issues and solutions and be a recognized expert within the IT industry.
- Must demonstrate advanced abilities to team and mentor and possess demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing Data Warehouses.
- Oracle 11g or higher experience in gathering requirements, design, development, and integration and testing.
- FERPA Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) experience safeguarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
Preferred (but not required):
- Master’s degree preferred.