|Title:||Windows Applications Developer|
Netorian is seeking an Applications Developer.
Description of Work:
Netorian is seeking one (1) application developer to work with the IT Division of a State Agency to enhance and support custom applications developed by the Agency. The applications requiring development of new features and support of existing functionality are a combination of entity network, VB.net, and C# development.
- Improve existing systems within the Agency through requested enhancements to the applications.
- Assist with the development of new modules within the existing framework of applications.
- Maintain existing source code improvements to keep the applications up to the latest technology and security standards.
- Develop new web services using the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Update and maintain existing web services with the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Assist with web enabled applications when needed.
- Continue to support the ongoing development of new systems when needed.
- Assist the Agency with documentation of existing and future system designs.
- Continue to update and improve end user documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The agency develops applications using the SCRUM methodology where prioritization and specific acceptance criteria are determined prior to each 3 week Sprint. Deliverables during a Sprint may include, but are not limited to:
- software design documents
- interface specifications
- updates to requirements traceability
- Development of specified Product Backlog Items
- development/updating of user support documentation
- participation and documentation of code reviews and demonstrations
- Must be proficient in VB.NET and C#
- Must have experience in client-server type windows application development and an understanding of background workers.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in entity framework
- Must have three (3) years of experience with WCF web services with an Oracle database
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.