Netorian is seeking an ETL Developer.
Description of Work:
In this role, the individual will be responsible to thoroughly understand the organization's processes/needs in order to provide the appropriate data warehouse/ETL solutions. The individual will be responsible for the scripts and processes required to extract, transform, clean and move data and metadata so they can be loaded into a data warehouse. The position will read, analyze and digest what the company wants to accomplish with its data, and design the best possible ETL processes.
The position will provide solution design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation to support data analysis, processing, reporting, and decision making for strategic initiatives.
This is a sprint heavy environment. The candidate should be well versed in AGILE and SDLC methodologies and give examples of projects worked within one to two week sprint deadlines.
- Design and construct small to large scale Data Warehouse and application solutions
- Work together with database/development team to identify, understand and document source data systems, as well as mapping source system data to Data Warehouse tables
- Develop structures and processes to support data warehouse solutions including availability, logging, monitoring, performance, scalability, and data quality
- Design and development of extract, transform, and load (ETL) data flow processes and frameworks including data extraction from source systems to staging, relational, and dimensional databases using industry standard ETL Tools
- Develop and perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements and incorporate all business requirements into all design specifications.
- Develop all Data Warehouse models and prepare reports for all metadata integration into systems and draft all ETL scripts.
- Create and maintain ETL technical documentation
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
- Provide support and maintenance on ETL processes and documentation
- Facilitate responses to Data Warehouse issues, outages and recoveries in critical situations, serving as a resource to remedy difficult technical issues.
- Must have five (5) years of experience using ETL tools and building enterprise level data warehouses.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies.
- Deep expertise in ETL architecture and experience in providing solutions.
- Experience creating ETL jobs, sequences, and batches using industry standard ETL tools.
- Understanding of dimensional modeling, design schemas, and data integration process.
- Knowledge of database loading methods.
- Experience implementing process improvements in ETL applications.
- Experience with SQL Server and Oracle in the areas of database administration, as well as schema design, database object development, management, optimization, and SQL programming, including stored procedures, triggers, functions, and error trapping.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to all levels within the organization, and to interact well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related technical discipline.