|Location:||Ft. Belvoir, VA|
Netorian is seeking a Juniper Network Engineer.
Description of Work:
The Network Engineer will maintain a complex range of Juniper computer network components and systems. The successful candidate will demonstrate a wide range of knowledge and evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune, and sets standards. The Network Engineer will work with other network professionals as directed to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues, and communicate changes.
The Network Engineer will provide architecture definition, development, planning, design, technical support, documentation, and configuration support on applying MPLS, BGP, and OSPF routing protocols to Juniper routers on an INSCOM-managed WAN to include an analysis of O&M processes and future expansion possibilities for the WAN. Responsibilities may include engineering services, technology insertion and integration, software and hardware engineering, systems integration support, test, advisory assistance, troubleshooting of hardware, and minor repairs to the extent of user-replaceable parts, in support INSCOM and I2WD projects. Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Designs and plans network systems.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Configures and installs various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization. Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Performs network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitors network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitors system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Works with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Provides Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Extensive experience with Juniper LAN/WAN equipment, software, and architecture design expertise.
- Extensive experience with implementing, managing, and troubleshooting Juniper MPLS, BGP, and OSPF routing protocols.
- Extensive experience with data flow, crypto, Juniper IOS syntax.
Required Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field OR equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
- Must have active TS/SCI.
- Must possess all proper certifications for DoD 8570.01/DOD 8140 IAT Level II certification.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
- Some travel may be required.
- - - - - - - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation.
Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.