|Location:||Glen Burnie, MD|
Netorian is seeking a Warehouse Manager.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Glen Burnie, MD.
- Must be ability to pass a Maryland State criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- This position typically requires eight (8) years of related experience in facility operations or related field.
- Must be able to effectively manage the tasks assigned without direct supervision.
- Ability to direct warehouse staff to perform needed tasks in an orderly and timely manner.
- Must have, at a minimum, a working knowledge level of computer skills and the ability to use document and spreadsheet software.
- Must have a working level understanding and be able to use computer devices such as handheld scanners.
- Must be able to safely operate hydraulic and electric pallet jacks.
- Must be extremely responsive and punctual.
- Must be an excellent communicator verbally and in written form.
- Must have particularly good personal and working organizational skills.
- In good physical health and possessing the physical stamina required to handle light lifting and other physical activities associated with this type of position.
- Proven ability of troubleshooting issues.
- Three (3) years of experience working in and managing a large warehouse facility.
- Three (3) years of experience with an inventory management system for the tracking of equipment and supplies.
- At least five (5) years’ experience using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel). Knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Visio is a plus.
- Experience using Google Apps (e.g., Gmail, Drive and components, Calendar) is a plus.
Description of Work:
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the SBE Central Warehouse Issues Smartsheet tracking sheet. This includes recording any issues or needs identified in a complete and timely manner.
- Escalate administrative and facility related issues to the SBE Project/Contract Manager as needed. This includes any occurrences of missing or stolen equipment.
- Primary point of contact for scheduling and managing the use of the warehouse office for meetings, training, and testing.
- Identify any equipment and supplies that are needed in the warehouse/office facility and assist with the procurement of or otherwise obtain the requested items.
- Provide reports and statuses as directed by the SBE Project Manager/Contract Manager or other SBE management.
- Keep up to date on warehouse facility management best practices and other ideas.
- Assist with any requirements needed for using the warehouse/office facility as a backup facility for the SBE office.
- Manage the day-to-day work of other contract warehouse assistant(s) working in the warehouse facility.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the facility landlord representatives.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the receipt and shipping out of equipment and supplies from the warehouse facility.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all contractors hired by the landlord or SBE to perform work on or in the warehouse/office facility.
- Manage the receiving of equipment and supplies into the warehouse facility, the storage of equipment and supplies, and sending out of equipment and supplies to local boards and buyers of disposed of equipment. Be sure to complete all required documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Make sure to store all shipping and receiving documentation into the warehouse binder and record into the Shipping and Receiving log sheet. Also, email a copy of or otherwise make available all delivery confirmations to the Procurement Officer and the SBE Project/Contract Manager.
- Make sure the warehouse is accessible during scheduled open days and hours for pickups and deliveries and when there are other requests for individual(s) to use the facility for testing, training, or meetings. Periodically, there will be a need to fulfill off-hour requests.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of the facility that include janitorial services, lighting, utilities, and all other aspects related to the facility. Make sure the facility and the immediate grounds outside are being utilized effectively and kept clean and in order and free from clutter.
- Ensure that the storage of equipment and supplies are in a most effective and orderly manner.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by helping establish, follow, and enforce standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure that all COVID-19 related requirements and guidelines from the CDC and the State of Maryland are followed as it pertains to everyone entering the warehouse/office facility. Also ensure the required cleaning of surfaces take place after the use of the facility.
- Make sure there are continual safeguards of the warehouse/office facility and its contents by maintaining the alarm, access, and monitoring systems.
- Serve as the primary on-call point of contact for any alarm events at the Central Warehouse.
- Conduct a periodic physical inventory of equipment and supplies stored in the warehouse and report the supply counts to the SBE staff as instructed.
- Assist various divisions in the agency on special projects when called upon (ex: inventory of computers & software at SBE and the local boards, delivery of equipment and supplies to specific localities).
- Ensure the timely and accurate transfer of equipment and supplies between SBE and the local boards.
- Maintain and update as needed the SBE Central Warehouse Operations Guidelines.
- Assist with the timely entry of incoming and outgoing equipment and supplies in the SBE’s inventory system.
- Assist with the facilitation of the statewide annual fiscal year inventory audits of equipment, supplies (technical and general), and other inventory items at the local boards and at SBE.
- Assist with the disposal of equipment and supplies. This includes receiving, storage, and inventory auditing of the equipment and supplies in the warehouse until that time they are disposed.
- Assist with other equipment and supplies disposal requirements as instructed.
Other related duties as assigned.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation.
Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.