|Title:||Application Development Expert|
Netorian is seeking an Application Development Expert.
The Application Development Expert will work with the IT Division to enhance and expand functionality for the current intake of firearms related incidents within Delta Plus for the Maryland Department of State Police (MDSP) Gun Center. The current database is not supported and will be developed within MDSP’s existing Delta Plus system. This resource will support the enhancement/development efforts for internal and external gun crime tracking processes which provides services to not only MDSP but also allied partners across the state. This process directly supports the mandate in Senate Bill 861. Application upgrades are using C# within windows forms and WCF web services.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Pikesville, MD. Teleworking permitted.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a Background Check.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least seven (7) years of IT and business/industry work experience.
- At least three (3) years as a technical expert in an IT organization.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior technical staff.
- Experience providing technical input into the most complex and high impact IT decisions.
- Experience being accountable for the most complex enterprise-wide applications and issues, translating highly complex concepts for peers and customers.
- At least seven (7) years of experience with C#.
- At least five (5) years of experience designing and implementing systems using WCF web services.
- At least three (3) years of experience implementing systems using SQL databases.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with DevExpress controls.
- Development of law enforcement-related applications.
Description of Work:
- Assist with mentoring developers to improve their knowledge and compliance with agency coding standards and best practices.
- Improve existing systems within MDSP through requested enhancements to the Windows applications.
- Assist with upgrading the system and the modules within the existing framework of Windows applications.
- Maintain existing source code improvements to keep the Windows applications up to the latest technology and security standards.
- Ensure all web services are using the most up-to-date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Update and maintain existing web services with the most up-to-date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Support the ongoing development of additional application features as needed.
- Assist MDSP with documentation of existing and future system designs.
- Update and improve end-user documentation as needed.
- - - - - - - - - -
WHY WORK FOR NETORIAN?
Netorian provides uniquely talented, mission-focused professionals to a worldwide customer base and a variety of project management, program analysis, and solution development services for the Department of Defense, Federal Government agencies, and the State of Maryland. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Joining our team gives you immediate access to our benefits package, which includes:
Our comprehensive health care plan includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage. The plan features additional conveniences such as telehealth (virtual visits), tele-behavioral health, programs to manage lifestyle health, and a mobile app. Eligibility begins on Day 1 of employment.
Life and Disability Insurance
We provide, and fully pay for, short and long-term disability income benefits, life insurance up to $250,000, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Our retirement plan offers a Traditional 401(k) option, a Roth 401(k) option, and a company match. Our retirement plan also includes a carefully curated selection of investment options and the services of a dedicated Financial Advisor.
Paid Time Off and Holidays
Full-time employees are paid for the 11 federal holidays and receive 15 days of paid time off (PTO) per year. All unused PTO carries over each year. Use it or save it!
Our benefit package also includes:
- Competitive Compensation
- Referral Bonuses
- Education Assistance
- Merit Bonuses
For more information about Netorian, please visit our website at www.netorian.com.