|Title:||Windows Applications Developer|
Netorian iseeking multiple Windows Applications Developers.
Netorian is seeking Windows Applications Developers to assist in the development of new, and supporting existing, systems and solutions for the Maryland State Police.
Both full-time and part-time opportunities are available.
- Full-time exempt and part-time positions are available.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Pikesville, MD. This is a work on-site position.
- The successful candidate must pass a background check.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is desied.
- Five (5) years of equivalent experience in a related field is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- A Master's Degree is preferred.
Description of Work:
The developer will develop of new functionality and support existing systems within the Maryland State Police Information Technology Division. The work focused WinForms development with web services. Work must be performed on-site. This is a demanding work environment and the successful candidate must meet all of the qualifications described below,
- Assist with planning and determining specifications for new systems.
- Assist with mentoring the developers to improve their knowledge of the systems.
- Consult and make recommendations on system architecture, design and implementation.
- Improve existing systems within MSP through requested enhancements to the Windows applications.
- Assist with the development of new modules within the existing framework of Windows applications.
- Maintain existing source code improvements to keep the Windows applications up to the latest technology and security standards.
- Develop new web services using the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Update and maintain existing web services with the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Assist with web enabled applications when needed.
- Continue to support the ongoing development of new WinForms-based systems when needed.
- Assist MSP with documentation of existing and future system designs.
- Continue to update and improve end user documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and/or Technical Skills:
- Work is to be performed with the Maryland State Police Information Technology Division.
- The work is WinForms development with web services. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate significant experience in this area.
- Must have ten (10) years of programming experience in software development and maintenance of WinForms.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT systems analysis and programming WinForms applications.
- The successful candidate Must be proficient in VB.NET and C# in a WinForms development environment.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience working with Entity Framework.
- Must have at least four (4) years of experience working with WCF web services.
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of XML and XSD files.
- Must have experience with Team Foundation Server and source control.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience working within a SCRUM environment.
- Experience with law enforcement systems and development (desired, but not a deal-breaker).
- Demonstrable DevExpress component experience.
- Demonstrable Oracle database experience.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.