|Title:||Senior Network Engineer|
|Location:||Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD|
Netorian is seeking a Senior Network Engineer.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive (depending on experience and qualifications). Full benefits.
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Secret (Minimum of a Secret clearance with a SSBI / Tier 5 investigation Active).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field from an accredited college or university desired.
- DoD8570.01-M approved baseline security certification (e.g.: Security+).
- Computing Environment Certification (e.g.: Juniper, Cisco, Brocade, etc.).
- Network + or CCNA preferred.
A minimum 5+ years hands-on experience in the following:
- Subject Matter expertise of Tactical Networks (formerly WIN-T) systems/architecture.
- Cisco Experience to include: Cisco IOS and NXOS, Cisco ISE, Cisco UCS Networking and Configuration, Cisco ASA.
- Routing Protocols BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP as well as proficient in MULTICAST.
- Experience with WAVE voice interoperability solution.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using Sniffer or similar.
- VMWare experience: VMware Networking.
- Familiarity with Army Software Baselines and Architectures.
- Experience working with Microsoft and a background with designing and implementing LANs and VLANs.
- Experience with scripting and Ansible for Automation.
Description of Work:
Netorian is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to install, operate, and maintain lab network and transport equipment. The Senior Network Engineer establishes networking environment by designing system configuration, performing system installation. The Senior Network Engineer also monitors network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Installs, operates, and maintains all lab Tactical Network (formerly WIN-T) and higher echelon transport equipment.
- Facilitates connections to remote sites and coordinates efforts with JOIN, NetMod, FBCB2 NOC, DCGS, EXT Customers over the DREN and NEC, as required.
- Loads all firmware/updates for Tactical Network systems.
- Installs, operates, and maintains lab CNR gateway equipment.
- Loads and validates all data products.
- Performs functional routing, gateway, and performance testing of Tactical Network.
- Provides feedback on data product problems.
- Assists with test execution, test plan, and report generation.
- Maintain lab Network Backbone (Switches, Routers, Firewalls) as well as the Tactical Network (Switches, Routers, Firewalls (11 rule sets)).
- Deploy router and switch configurations modeled after the TNIC files.
- Modify lab networking equipment to integrate with external facilities and customer requirements.
- Work with Tactical Network personnel to make modifications to baseline configuration files as required by the customer's findings.
- Document network and update as changes occur.
- Provide network diagrams and other documentation as required to support customer needs.
- Troubleshoot customer support issues as they arise.
- Troubleshoot network issues with NOC personnel as they arise.
- Troubleshoot external network issues as they arise.
- Perform vulnerability assessments utilizing DoD approved systems (e.g.: ACAS, Nessus, SCAP tool, STIG viewer, etc.) for report generation and to assist with system hardening in accordance with IA guidelines.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.