|Title:||Test Engineer (Journeyman)|
|Location:||Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD|
Netorian is seeking a Test Engineer (Journeyman).
Netorian is seeking a qualified Intermediate Test Engineer to perform as test lead for Product Manager (PdM) Handheld, Manpack and Small Form Fit (HMS), Project Manager, Tactical Radios, at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. This position supports a dynamic team working in one of the most impactful and exciting technology domains affecting battlefield success in the Army.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
- 50% or more.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline.
- Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience or relevant military service may be substituted for education)
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in testing of increasingly complex electrical/electronic systems, mechanical, and electromechanical systems.
- Knowledge of Army tactical radio architecture, protocols, security, network management, and physics underlying these systems.
- Knowledge of Army Acquisition Test and Evaluation (T&E) processes and procedures.
- Experience with Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of test instrumentation systems, data collection, and reduction techniques.
- Experience writing test-specific documentation including TEMPs and Detailed Test Plans.
- Expertise in RF engineering, satellite communications and other MIL-STD communications equipment/waveforms preferred.
- Army SIGINT/EW experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management and cross-functional team leadership and coordination.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently across a range of complex projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Description of Work:
- Utilize test and evaluation knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively manage the testing of Handheld, Manpack and Small Form Fit tactical radios within the acquisition lifecycle. This will include full-range of standard engineering test functions for research and development, production and post-production, product improvement, or other test projects to evaluate the performance characteristics, and determine if the system meets the requirements.
- Lead and manage test-specific Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Working IPTs (WIPTs) to gain concurrence and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Prepare, review, and gain concurrence on test plans containing such information as type of test to be conducted, facilities required, proposed schedule, and estimated cost of project.
- Develop, review, and gain concurrence on Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPs)
- Provide relevant input to test-specific documents produced by other agencies such as System Evaluation Plans (SEP), Test Reports, Operational Test Agency Evaluation Reports (OERs), etc.
- Analyze and evaluate technical data, including instrumentation data, test-specific calculations, and deficiency reports to ensure valid results or identify weaknesses or failures encountered and probable causes, suggested modification, and design changes.
- Provide on-site support to test events such as Production Verification Tests (PVT), Production Qualification Tests (PQT), Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOT&E), and other tests conducted throughout the acquisition lifecycle.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays, and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.