Netorian is seeking a Project Manager to support the MDVOTERS project.
The Project Manager is assigned the management of a specific project and the work performed under assigned Task Orders. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs day-to-day management of the project, identifies issues and risks and recommends possible issue and risk mitigation strategies associated with the project.
- Acts as a facilitator between a State agency and IT contractor.
- Is responsible for ensuring that work performed under TOs is within scope, consistent with requirements, and delivered on time and on budget.
- Identifies critical paths, tasks, dates, testing, and acceptance criteria.
- Provides solutions to improve efficiency (e.g., reduce costs while maintaining or improving performance levels).
- Monitors issues and provides resolutions for up-to-date status reports.
- Demonstrates excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Annapolis, MD (Telecommute/Remote work option available).
- Some travel may be required.
- Background check.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- PMI PMP certification is required.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in project management, at least eight (8) of which include experience in managing IT-related projects.
- Experience managing election administration or election technology related projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of common challenges to COTS integration.
- Project management and leadership skills in leading challenging stakeholder groups through the delivery of complex projects.
- Experience with projects that are COTS implementations.
- Experience managing distributed projects with multiple regional stakeholders (e.g. election local boards),
- Complete understanding of the system development lifecycle from project inception through operations and maintenance.
- Experience managing project scope and business requirements change.
- Experience monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on project quality and performance.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with project delivery to include projects with complex logistics (e.g. transportation, facilities, equipment disposal).
- JIRA ticketing system
- Video/Web Conferencing application (ej. Webex, GoToMeeting, MS TEAMS)
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.