|Title:||Maintenance Engineer, Intermediate|
|Location:||Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD|
Netorian is seeking a qualified Intermediate Maintenance Engineer to support the Readiness Management Division, Project Manager, Tactical Radios, at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. This position supports a dynamic team working in one of the most impactful and exciting technology domains affecting battlefield success in the Army.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD.
- 10% or less.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline. Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience or relevant military service may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in performing Army maintenance engineering duties
- Experience optimizing maintenance and supply alternatives and using applications such as COMPASS, PowerLog, and/or SESAME.
- Experience with the integration of quantitative design characteristics of systems engineering (reliability, maintainability, etc.) with the functional IPS Elements.
- Experience performing and/or reviewing Product Support Analyses to include Analysis of Alternatives, Business Case Analysis, Operating and Support Cost Analysis, RAM and RCM Analysis, Supportability Analysis and Sustainability Analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management and cross-functional team leadership and coordination.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently across a range of complex projects.
Description of Work:
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Planning, developing, organizing, managing, executing and administrating all assigned maintenance initiatives, missions and programs for Tactical Radios.
- Represents Project Manager Office Tactical Radios (PM TR) and PM TR Readiness Management Division at various meeting to include various Work Groups and Integrated Product Team meetings. Attends various meetings and conferences to discuss, develop, and refine technical matters on maintenance initiatives, maintenance program requirements, maintenance operations, complex problems, etc.
- Assists Army logistic functional/ technical working groups participating in systems acquisition and development.
- Serves as technical advisor on all maintenance initiatives and activities for Tactical Radios.
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified tactical radio installations.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect life cycle cost and system availability.
- Participates in design interface for the integration of the quantitative design characteristics of systems engineering (reliability, maintainability, etc.) with the functional Integrated Product Support (IPS) Elements.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications.
- Identifies, plans, resources, and implements maintenance concepts and requirements to ensure the best possible equipment/capability is available when the Warfighter needs it at the lowest possible LCC.
- Participates in the creation of Maintenance Allocation Charts which draws from Top Down Breakdown of the system and include the assessment of system components to identify the appropriate Level of Repair, time to repair and tools and test equipment required to perform the repair.
- Provides expertise in Enterprise and in-house logistics systems (e.g. Logistics Modernization Program, Global Combat Support System-Army, Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems).
- Utilizes tools/applications such as COMPASS, PowerLog and possibly SESAME to optimize maintenance and supply alternatives.
- Performs and/or reviews Product Support Analyses to include Analysis of Alternatives, Business Case Analysis, Operating and Support Cost Analysis, RAM and RCM Analysis, Supportability Analysis and Sustainability Analysis.
- Develops presentations and conducts briefings as required on matters concerning any or all phases of TR Life Cycle.
- Provides guidance to lower-grade personnel, as needed, and is considered an expert for providing technical guidance and information to meet requirements.
- Provides independent and professional support on portions of complex projects.
- Duties and responsibilities include accomplishing tasks which require investigation of many variables.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, and makes minor adaptations and modifications.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays, and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.