|Title:||System Administrator (Zero-Trust)|
Netorian is seeking a System Administrator (Zero-Trust).
Netorian is seeking a full time System Administrator (Zero-Trust) to support a strategic security initiative for the State of Maryland.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a Background Check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or similar field.
Description of Work:
- In-depth knowledge of hardware configuration, sizing, and data center operations.
- Knowledge and experience in operations and maintenance of system backups to maintain high availability.
- Maximizes hardware capability by monitoring performance; troubleshooting problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Reporting overall system operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Responsible for managing all server patching to include development of patching schedule and maintenance of the schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining certs.
- Very experienced with advanced command line operations in RHEL
- Secures hardware and enterprise system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
- Maintains Rack Diagrams, Documentation, and Designs.
- Works with Sr. Architect, Sr. Network Engineer, Operations Manager, and Development Team on hardware requirements, security changes and documentation.
- LAN Knowledge, proxy servers, hardware and system design and implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Hardware Configuration, and Performance Tuning.
- Expert in Red Hat diagnostics and troubleshooting RHEL environments.
- Experience with large Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- In-Depth knowledge of operating systems, the organizations operating environment, network requirements, and system automation to include Enterprise Linux, and enterprise storage.
- Understanding of the organizational security standards for operating configurations, security constraints, and procedures for managing organization software.
- Experience with Ansible and Red Hat Satellite
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux shell scripting and applications (e.g., DNS, NFS, Apache, etc.).
- Knowledge of configuration management and quality assurance concepts and guidelines such as AGILE, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), etc.
- Experience with Illumio is a must.
- Experience with backup and disaster recovery support and other services.
- Detailed knowledge of server setup, deployment, and maintenance.
- Ability to create scripts in Perl, Python, and similar languages.
- Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup.
- - - - - - - - - -
WHY WORK FOR NETORIAN?
Netorian provides uniquely talented, mission-focused professionals to a worldwide customer base and a variety of project management, program analysis, and solution development services for the Department of Defense, Federal Government agencies, and the State of Maryland. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Joining our team gives you immediate access to our benefits package, which includes:
Our comprehensive health care plan includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage. The plan features additional conveniences such as telehealth (virtual visits), tele-behavioral health, programs to manage lifestyle health, and a mobile app. Eligibility begins on Day 1 of employment.
Life and Disability Insurance
We provide, and fully pay for, short and long-term disability income benefits, life insurance up to $250,000, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Our retirement plan offers a Traditional 401(k) option, a Roth 401(k) option, and a company match. Our retirement plan also includes a carefully curated selection of investment options and the services of a dedicated Financial Advisor.
Paid Time Off and Holidays
Full-time employees are paid for the 11 federal holidays (listed here) and receive 15 days of paid time off (PTO) per year. All unused PTO carries over each year. Use it or save it!
- Our benefit package also includes:
- Competitive Compensation
- Referral Bonuses
- Education Assistance
- Merit Bonuses
For more information about Netorian, please visit our website at www.netorian.com.