|Title:||Windows Applications Developer|
Netorian is seeking a Windows Applications Developer.
Netorian is seeking a Windows Applications Developer to assist in the development of new, and supporting existing, systems and solutions for a Maryland State Agency.
- Full-time exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Pikesville, MD.
- The successful candidate must pass a background check.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is desired.
- Five (5) years of equivalent experience in a related field is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- A Master's Degree is preferred.
Description of Work:
The developer will develop of new functionality and support existing systems within the Maryland State Agency. The work focused WinForms development with web services. This is a demanding work environment and the successful candidate must meet all of the qualifications described below,
- Assist with planning and determining specifications for new systems.
- Assist with mentoring the developers to improve their knowledge of the systems.
- Consult and make recommendations on system architecture, design and implementation.
- Improve existing systems within MSP through requested enhancements to the Windows applications.
- Assist with the development of new modules within the existing framework of Windows applications.
- Maintain existing source code improvements to keep the Windows applications up to the latest technology and security standards.
- Develop new web services using the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Update and maintain existing web services with the most up to date security standards and technologies as needed.
- Assist with web enabled applications when needed.
- Continue to support the ongoing development of new WinForms-based systems when needed.
- Assist MSP with documentation of existing and future system designs.
- Continue to update and improve end user documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and/or Technical Skills:
- The work is WinForms development with web services. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate significant experience in this area.
- Must have ten (10) years of programming experience in software development and maintenance of WinForms.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT systems analysis and programming WinForms applications.
- The successful candidate Must be proficient in VB.NET and C# in a WinForms development environment.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience working with Entity Framework.
- Must have at least four (4) years of experience working with WCF web services.
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of XML and XSD files.
- Must have experience with Team Foundation Server and source control.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience working within a SCRUM environment.
- Experience with law enforcement systems and development (desired, but not a deal-breaker).
- Demonstrable DevExpress component experience.
- Demonstrable Oracle database experience.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.