|Title:||Software Systems Engineer (Lead)|
Netorian is seeking a Software Systems Engineer (Lead).
Netorian has been awarded a 5-year Federal Government contract to sustain a current Data Brokering System (DBS) and implement a new DBS based on emerging technologies supporting multiple paths of data ingest interacting with a SIEM, BDP, and cloud migration for a major member of the Intelligence Community.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Various (DC Metro, Maryland, Florida, etc.). Telecommute option may be available.
- Some travel may be required.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of a CompTIA Security+. Other desirable (but not required) certifications include:
- Other security certifications (CISSP, Security+, etc.).
- Red Hat certifications (Red Hat administration, OpenShift Administration, etc.)
- PMI PMP certification.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- DoD Secret or above.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Must have Data Brokering design/documentation/implementation experience.
- DevSecOps/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery experience.
- A wide range of experience in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Familiarity with the following languages: C/C++, Perl, Visual Basic, Ada, PHP, Java, Shell scripts.
- Familiarity with the following systems: Windows 10, Server 2016, multiple versions of Linux, Cisco, Avaya, VMware, ESXi 6+, McAfee, RHEL IDM, etc.
- Confluent Kafka
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat OpenShift/Microservices Architecture/Kubernetes.
- Zookeeper, Docker, Kubernetes, Logstash, Ansible.
- Python, Perl, SQL, Regex, and Shell Scripting.
- COTS SIEM.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a significant plus
- With minimum guidance, providing top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Designing architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as providing for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensuring that systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
- Determining and identifying high-level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Identifying, assessing, and presenting options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Formulating and defining specifications for operating system applications or modifying and maintaining existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Creating detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members.
- Interacting with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
- Developing software design documents and technology white papers.
- Serving in a key role to select development tools.
- Developing high-level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Instructing, directing, and checking the work of other task personnel.
- Performing quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement. Effective December 8, 2021, successful candidates will be required to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination.