Netorian is seeking a Program Manager to work with a Maryland State Agency.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Baltimore, MD (Candidate must report to work in the office in Baltimore, MD if required).
- Background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- PMI PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
Preferred (but not required):
- SAFe Certification.
- SalesForce Experience.
- Dot Net Experience.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience in program or project management.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in supervision or oversight of IT related programs or projects.
- Experience providing seven (7) or more project management / application development / technical writing / testing specialist / configuration manager resources in a prior engagement within the last five (5) years.
- Experience providing project management / application development / technical writing / testing specialist / configuration manager resources for five (5) or more consecutive years in a prior engagement.
- Experience with Agile software development including but not limited to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or the DoIT Agile SDLC.
- Experience facilitating requirements meetings with stakeholders, running stand-up meetings with the project team, conducting review meetings with the customer, presenting to management, managing risk, resolving issues, managing change, planning and executing both system and user acceptance testing, managing deployments, working with third party vendors, and managing project budgets.
- Experience developing Project Charters, requirements documentation, workflow or similar diagrams, project schedules, periodic status reports, and lessons learned (must have actually done this – not managed people doing it).
Description of Work:
- Lead assigned projects to a successful conclusion. Leadership includes:
- becoming thoroughly knowledgeable on all aspects of the project;
- enforcing security, technology, project management, and coding standards throughout the project lifecycle.
- ensuring clear communication and situational awareness at all times; and
- managing project deliverables, risks, and budget.
- Conduct requirements gathering or support a business analyst with requirements gathering including:
- facilitating requirements elicitation session(s) with stakeholders,
- comprehending basic to complex business issues,
- depicting complex information graphicly where appropriate, and
- translating business needs into understandable, documented requirements.
- Work with assigned development resources or COTS vendor resources to develop estimates and ensure the system is developed or configured in a timely fashion. TO Contractor Personnel shall also facilitate the change management process.
- Plan and execute system testing or be supported by a testing specialist in the planning and execution of system testing including development of test documentation.
- Lead the planning and execution of the implementation including:
- system documentation,
- training materials,
- training sessions, and
- lessons learned.
- Develop or participate in the development of Task Order Requests for Proposals (TORFP), Requests for Information (RFI), Request for Proposals (RFP), and other types of procurement deliverables as well as coordinate the corresponding procurement process. Please Note: Pursuant to COMAR 15-508, the TO Contractor and all subcontractors will be excluded from bidding on these procurements.
- Participate in the OIT’s project intake process in a manner consistent with the above responsibilities and as a subject matter expert.
- Support maintenance activities on existing systems in a manner consistent with the above responsibilities.
- Provide coaching and guidance to other project managers as directed. This includes mentoring sessions, communicating job expectations, peer review of deliverables, performance monitoring, enforcing policies, procedures, and standards, and providing feedback on the assigned project managers performance to OIT management.
- Candidate must report to work in the office in Baltimore, MD if required.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays, and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.