|Title:||Database Management Specialist (SQL)|
Netorian is seeking a Database Management Specialist (SQL) to work with a Maryland State Agency to configure, support and enhance SQL databases and database systems at the Agency.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Pikesville, MD.
- Background check.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Three (3) years of dedicated experience in DBMS design and support may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have four years (4) years of dedicated, full time experience in Microsoft SQL systems installation, analysis, configuration, data replication technologies, and database security.
- Work samples may be requested.
- There might be a skills test on the interview.
- At least eighteen (18) months of experience using current (SQL 2008 or newer) Microsoft SQL technologies to install, configure, optimize and support multiple databases and clusters, including a warm/hot database failover environment located at a remote data center.
Description of Work:
- The Agency is seeking one (1) database administrator to work with IT Division and Licensing Division to configure, support and enhance SQL databases and database systems at the Agency.
- The selected resource must be able to define and implement optimal data file structures, indexing methods, database log schedules, and security procedures.
- The selected resource must be able to develop, implement and maintain database backups that facilitate a warm/hot recovery of systems.
- The selected resource must be able to implement database security measures for production, DR and test environments to ensure integrity of data as well as information security and recoverability.
- Responsible for producing the following deliverables:
- database design documents,
- interface specifications,
- updates to requirements traceability,
- development/updating of database schema and support documentation,
- participation and documentation of code reviews and demonstrations,
- implementation of backup schedule that optimizes recovery time,
- development/updating of database disaster recovery procedures; regular testing of DR procedures,
- implementation of SQL TDE,
- documentation for same implementation of regular database indexing and SOP for same.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.