|Title:||Geographic Information Systems Specialist|
Netorian is seeking a Geographic Information Systems Specialist.
- Full Time Exempt
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Annapolis, MD (remote option available)
- Background Check
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, GIS Technology, Cartography, Computer Science, or related field with at least nine (9) credit hours in courses specifically related to GIS operation/management.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience is required in GIS, cartography, CADD, or a related field without an appropriate college degree.
Description of Work:
- Write programs and develop user interfaces, menus, and macro-level commands to meet user needs in addition to performing simple spatial analyses and producing reports according to customer specifications.
- Assist in the development of geographic information systems which may link parcel maps or orhtophotos with environmental data, historic data, transportation data and health data to produce maps or quantify information about the impacts of features on parcel ownership.
- Conducts geographic information system (GIS) program activities, utilizing GIS hardware and software to produce maps, spatial databases and thematic data (such as wetlands, road centerlines, cadastre, and historic sites).
- Creates, adjusts, corrects, converts and distributes base maps and thematic data. Digitize and maintain spatial databases of Maryland information; document procedures, validate data for accuracy and completeness, complete approved metadata forms and produce maps of the resulting information.
- Evaluate information and data from outside sources to determine the quality of the data.
- Provide geographic location coordinates from the GIS to facilitate spatial analysis and data manipulation, calculate distances and area of features and interpret legal descriptions and certify changes in boundary lines.
- Act as a “consultant” to internal customers during their use, development and quality assessment of spatial databases.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.