|Title:||Senior Network Engineer|
|Location:||Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD|
Netorian is seeking a Senior Network Engineer.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD (on-site only).
- Secret clearance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- DoD8570.01-M approved baseline security certification (e.g., Security+).
- Computing Environment Certification (e.g., Juniper, Cisco, Brocade, etc.).
- CCNA or higher preferred.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5+ years hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Subject Matter expertise of Tactical Networks (formerly WIN-T) systems/architecture
- Cisco Experience to include Cisco IOS and NXOS, Cisco ISE, Cisco UCS Networking and Configuration, Cisco ASA
- Routing Protocols BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP as well as proficient in MULTICAST
- Experience working with Microsoft and a background with designing and implementing LANs and VLANs
Preferred, but not required experience:
- Experience with WAVE voice interoperability solution.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using Sniffer or similar.
- VMWare experience: VMware Networking.
- Familiarity with Army Software Baselines and Architectures.
- Experience with scripting and Ansible for Automation.
Description of Work:
- Installs, operates, and maintains all lab Tactical Network (formerly WIN-T) and higher echelon transport equipment.
- Facilitates connections to remote sites and coordinates efforts with JOIN, NetMod, FBCB2 NOC, DCGS, EXT Customers over the DREN and NEC, as required.
- Loads all firmware/updates for Tactical Network systems.
- Installs, operates, and maintains lab CNR gateway equipment.
- Loads and validates all data products.
- Performs functional routing, gateway, and performance testing of Tactical Network.
- Provides feedback on data product problems.
- Assists with test execution, test plan, and report generation.
- Maintain lab Network Backbone (Switches, Routers, Firewalls) as well as the Tactical Network (Switches, routers, Firewalls (11 rule sets)).
- Deploy router and switch configurations modeled after the TNIC files.
- Modify lab networking equipment to integrate with external facilities and customer requirements.
- Work with Tactical Network personnel to make modifications to baseline configuration files as required by the customer's findings.
- Document network and update as changes occur.
- Provide network diagrams and other documentation as required to support customer needs.
- Troubleshoot customer support issues as they arise.
- Troubleshoot network issues with NOC personnel as they arise.
- Troubleshoot external network issues as they arise.
- Perform vulnerability assessments utilizing DoD approved systems (e.g.: ACAS, Nessus, SCAP tool, STIG viewer, etc.) for report generation and to assist with system hardening in accordance to IA guidelines.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays, and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement. Effective December 8, 2021, successful candidates will be required to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination.