|Title:||Database Management Specialist (SQL)|
Netorian is seeking a Database Management Specialist (SQL).
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Pikesville, MD.
- Background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related filed.
- Minimum of five (5) years of practical experience as a database management resource
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration.
- Minimum of two (2) years of basic system and Network infrastructure administration.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in various Virtualization tools VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V.
Description of Work:
Seeking a Database Management specialist with experience in Microsoft SQL Server Database and System Administration support.
- Administering all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server including Replication, Backup/Restore procedures, Capacity Planning and related components, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services.
- Recommending/implementing solutions for SQL performance monitoring and tuning.
- Assisting with Windows Server configuration and management as it relates to MS SQL Server installation and performance to maintain license compliance.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Migrating the Databases from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2016.
- Providing support for maintenance plans (including DBCC), backup, recovery, and highly availability SQL Server solutions, including Replication Models (Snapshot/Transactional)
- Disaster Recovery planning, execution and testing.
- Performing database activities, such as monitoring, space management, and support, as well as extended hours of support for database systems when required.
- Maintaining documentation of data standards, procedures and definitions for data dictionary.
- Providing all aspects of basic systems administration support, such as installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Supporting virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, creating and configuring virtual machines.
- Conducting constant performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required.
- Configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required in both Physical and Virtual servers.
- Providing Network Administration support with knowledge in network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP) and network devices (Routers, Switches, Fibers). o. Supporting and administering applications such as Maximo, Access Control and Kleinport etc.
- Implement/deploying Microsoft Technologies, such as Visual Studio Framework, VB.NET, ASP.NET and Web Services.
- Performing backups of the web, application, and database servers according to MPA policies and procedures. This shall include daily incremental backups and full weekly backups of all volumes of servers.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.