|Title:||Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)|
|Location:||Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD|
Netorian is seeking IT Specialist/Oracle Database Administrator (DBA).
- Competitive (depending on experience and qualifications). Full benefits.
- Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD
- Some travel may be required.
- Top Secret.
- Must be US Citizen.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- The Database Engineer Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met. Must be able to work in a team focused, dynamic environment. Also responsible for the design, development and testing of PL/SQL coding, applications and platforms that are pertinent to a mid to large scale strategic environment, and performing hands on integration and testing of software with target hardware in the loop and for interfacing with various disciplines including system engineering, database engineering and configuration management staff and groups. Database Engineer will support planning and test efforts for new/existing database baselines received from the Engineering team.
- Update and maintain scripts to address business and technical use cases. Update and maintain Test Reports and Test Plans. Support the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles. Execute and analyze automation test results. Manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously. Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated, punctual, regular and consistent attendance. Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using Bugzilla, I/Tracker, JIRA, Confluence or similar tools/means. Must demonstrate an understanding of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Provides technical advice and recommendations on problem areas in assigned fields of specialization. Provides analyses and information regarding assigned systems for configuration control boards and other resource management planning meetings. Attends meetings with other DOD elements, industry and educational institutions to exchange information and resolve problems regarding assigned systems and projects.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
In order to sustain the Test Infrastructure, consistent checks of the Backend Servers as well as the Message Servers and all networking connections need to be maintained. To ensure that all backend servers are up and operational the following checks need to be performed:
- Ensuring that the database is up and running and that there are no replication issues. Consistent checks and repair of replication problems need to be performed as they arise.
- Performing checks on the oracle database side of things to get database health.
- Ensure backups are running.
- Check Oracle GRID for performance issues and to check the backup schedule.
- Manage Oracle Secure Backup.
- Check logs for any issues.
- Check disk space on both Directory Servers and make sure that none of the drives are full.
- Make sure that nightly backups on both servers have completed.
- Ensure that both servers are able to ping each other and are able to ping the NSA message server.
- Ensure that the directory server status checks are all green and that no problems are being reported.
- Use the Directory Servers to check EKMS and KMI accounts have all of the correct information listed on them.
- Make sure that the facility is running on both machines and that all processes are up and operational.
- Ensure that the DATA STE's are online and that we are able to dial all of them and that the message server connects our Tier 2 machine.
- Ensure that the INE VPN connections are online and available.
- Maintain user accounts and mailboxes that are on the server.
- Ensure that all network connections to the remote sites are up and operational.
- Manage all connections to the TEST infrastructure and work with JOIN team on request for new connections and any problems with existing connections.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.