Netorian is seeking a Systems Administrator (E-SIEM).
- Competitive (depending on experience and qualifications). Full benefits.
- MacDill Air Force Base (Tampa, FL)
- Some light travel may be required.
- Top Secret.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Unix / Linux skillset.
- Experience installing and maintaining open source log capture technologies (e.g. Syslog-NG, Snare, LogStash).
- Good command on Python, Perl, SQL, Regex and Shell Scripting.
- Understanding of Network Firewalls, Load Balancers and Complex System Designs.
- Basic troubleshooting and break fix experience.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Active TS with SCI eligibility required.
- Proficiency with the following technologies:
- Kafka Clustering configuration, administration, and performance tuning
- Zookeeper Configuration and administration
- Docker Imaging and patching
- Logstash Monitoring, maintenance, load balancing, and performance tuning
- ArcSight ESM – ESM Console, ArcMC, Manager and database administration and tuning
- Experience creating rules, alerts, content and reports within a complex SIEM environment.
- Security logging and monitoring engineering experience.
- Active professional security certifications (i.e. CISSP, RHSA, etc.), open source project, security research or design/framework contributions or other current initiatives around information management, data and content modeling and large data analytics.
Description of Work:
- The E-SIEM Systems Administrator is a client-facing role, responsible for administration, management, configuration, testing and integration of E-SIEM solutions to improve the security value, service management, and scalability for our clients. The candidate will work closely with the client to understand the current and target state of the E-SIEM and ensure effective and efficient incident identification, resolution and root-cause analysis is leveraged through productive implementation of the platform.
- The most successful candidate will be a strong technologist and clear communicator with a practical mind, while possessing a level of creativity. This candidate must be able to effectively collaborate with the client's Information Security and IT/IS teams and Architects to deliver optimal results for the client. In addition, the E-SIEM Systems Administrator must be able to clearly and successfully communicate with a demonstrated understanding of business and technical requirements of the client.
- Work location will be on premise at client site in a secure environment. All work on customer premise will be performed on government systems both for production capabilities and for administrative tasks. Employee will be provided with company-issued laptop for execution of company-related business (email, timesheets, etc.). Laptop will not be used during duty hours within secure government site.
- Partner with the client to evaluate existing log/data domains, E-SIEM processes and tools and effectiveness measures to identify critical elements, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with Dev Team to develop, test and maintain scripts to facilitate disaster recovery, systems backup, monitor the health of systems, and to perform routine maintenance tasks
- Responsible for upgrades, maintenance, and data recovery of systems in coordination with client representatives
- Work independently and in concert with others to optimize E-SIEM solutions that have a measurable impact on security value, service management and client satisfaction.
- Provide technical input to Management for new security solutions/approaches to meet the client's needs.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.