|Title:||Software Systems Engineer / Computer Programmer SME|
Netorian is seeking a Software Systems Engineer / Computer Programmer SME.
- Full-time, exempt.
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
- Annapolis, MD. Telecommute/Remote work option may be available.
- Background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the specific discipline required by the State. A Master’s Degree or Ph.D. Degree is preferred.
- At least twelve (12) years of relevant industry (Election) experience in the discipline is required.
- At least ten (10) years of combined new and related older technical experience in the IT field directly related to the required area of expertise.
- Election experience is preferred.
Description of Work:
Election Test Environments and On-Site Support:
- Creation of test platforms – Servers, VPNs, VMs, Cerberus, ODBC, etc.
- Linux Server running Rapid7/Nexpose, SSH communicates with Linux VM through Putty
- Web backup services at Archives, Coop.
- Koniag web server configuration for AEMS and alternative reporting plans.
- Task Scheduler maintenance.
- Configure ES&S EW, ERM, and Exp for mock election and parallel testing in AEMS.
- Assist with configuration and testing of any upgraded voting system election management components.
- Configuring accounts and SFTP services outside of the server for file transfer for AEMS and alternative reporting plans.
- Maintaining and upgrading of VBS Scripts, rewriting oracle stored procedures for alternative reporting plans.
- Generating and producing historical election information for the purposes of testing AEMS.
- Attend meetings to review strategies for upgrading of servers.
- Archiving Support.
- Disaster Recovery plans / logs – RoboCopy, IIS.
- Review data contained in views and remove and protect PII.
- Microsoft Server OS Configuration, Support, and Update.
- As requested, build infrastructure for alternative reporting plans.
- On Site support based upon need.
AEMS Documentation Review / Election Testing:
- Review AEMS design specifications and plans.
- Produce additional documentation and attend meetings when required.
- Validate data to support definition of ballots.
- Web Candidate Listings.
- Definition of ballots – vacancy issues / collapsing of styles / 8.7 IDs without sequence order (not reassigned but first part is a contest code) What if new contest part is added / modified after election has been started and candidates have been filed.
- Assist with review and validation of Ballot Styles Summary Reports – page with and without consolidations vs. page with and without precinct styles used.
- Assist with review and validation of Modified Candidate IDs report to track insertions, deletions, and modified candidate filings during ballot definition process.
- EW – creation of ballot artwork / comparing AEMS ballot definition with EW paper ballot styles
- Assist with review and validation of Reordering the ballot styles.
- Review and validate NFBMD files.
- Review and validate printer’s listing.
- Review and validate MDVOTERS information – poll book files are created from this imported information.
- Create zeroed XML files and CSV election result files for NR (not reported) HTML pages.
- Assist with the generation of sample staged election data.
- Import and test L&A data within AEMS.
- Also, use data from previous elections to generate identical results – no regressions in procedures.
- Setup Election Results for alternative reporting plans.
- Import Election Results for alternative reporting plans.
- Review and validate AEMS post-election documentation (including commissions and canvassing the results).
- Test replacement Write-In entry module.
- Review and validate Export election results as CSV Files.
- Review and validate Marking an election official.
- Review and validate Importing of election results (win, unopposed, unsuccessful) into MDVOTERS Candidate System to promote candidates into general election.
- Test and Review SQL field is not null behaving differently from no value in the field.
- Ensure Pre-filed candidates or Pending Candidate Authorizations – No Filings showing in alternative reporting plans.
- Add Web template updates as needed in alternative reporting plans.
- Suppress duplicate candidate records in alternative reporting plans.
- Test and Review Bilingual ballot language updates – special handling of Specific Characters (en-nays, accents, etc.).
- Test and Review Multi-county contests showing different candidate orders on ballots or when contests are separated by jurisdictions.
- Test and Review splits that do not matter, e.g. ‘99’ split used instead in Talbot County.
- Test and Review Candidates merged because multiple IDs have been assigned in MDVOTERS.
- Test and Review Council and/or Commission’s district are being properly reported for all jurisdictions in AEMS.
- Test and Review usage of Special characters in ballot issues – question text – web display – e.g. cent symbols.
- Test and Review inclusion of all write-in candidates at the time of set up of election results and handling of missed write-in candidate (e.g. a candidate’s party designation).
- Test and Review Candidate Election Results with ties / tracking of close races to less than 1%.
- Monitor AEMS interfaces in particular with split codes from MDVOTERS.
- Monitoring Web Server Backup scripts running scheduled tasks.
- Test and Review handling of Duplicate / Triplicate candidate IDs assigned to the same candidate.
- Insert new reporting in AEMS for Unopposed Candidates and No Candidates need to be listed by Office Name and District and Jurisdiction (local offices).
- Insert new reporting in AEMS for Listing of all contests that have a nomination vacant – i.e. EW import file generates these lists.
- Test and Review for bad data in alternative reporting plans (e.g. Facebook URL accounts).
- Test and Review Party Designated vs. Regular on CC Judge in General Election Only.
- Test and Review Clerks can live in one district and file in another district (NOT State-Filed).
- Test and Review Removal of candidates who have only pre-filed.
- Test and Review Collapsing of Ballot Styles caused by vacancies in one or more subdistricts of a Legislative District.
- Test and Review “No candidates in contest” added to ballot definition report for some local offices added – e.g. Carroll’s 2018 county commissioners in some districts or Prince George’s legislators in subdistricts 38B / 38C.
- Test and Review time to generate ballots, import election results, etc. in AEMS compared to legacy EMS.
- Test and Review length of ballot definition reports, etc. in AEMS compared to legacy EMS.
- Test and Review English vs. Ingles in languages.txt file for EW import issue.
- Test and Review when district changes to a non-Multi-County contest race after being Multi-County contest and impact after initial ballot definitions have been completed.
- Test and Review how to handle the removal of candidate based on a court ruling after ballots were generated, finalized – SQL deletion instead of re-defining affected ballot(s) e.g. C916 in B City 2018.
- - - - -
Netorian offers a complete benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, a 401(k), tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation. Netorian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Minorities, Women, Veterans, and those with Disabilities.